How to Order
If you would like to place an order, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including details of what you require. Alternatively, call Andy on 07842189743 to place your order. If you can’t reach us by phone, leave your name and number and we will usually contact you the same day.
If you have an enquiry about any of our products, courses, demonstrations or bespoke work, please send an email to email@example.com or go to the bottom of this page to submit your enquiry. Alternatively call Andy on 07842189743 or call into our shop.
Terms & Conditions
Enquiries can be made by telephone order to 07842189743 or by e-mail to, firstname.lastname@example.org. All enquiries will be responded to, either by e-mail or by telephone, where the number has been supplied, where more detailed information is required, e.g. payment methods etc, see sales section below.
To purchase any good or services from this web site, you must either telephone us on , 07842189743, or e-mail us at email@example.com your request to us, we will then advise you on cost and dispatch or availability. For payment and terms see below. We do not have a direct sales facility through this web site, but can and do mail order through the telephone or e-mail, as explained in Sales - Methods of payment, & Terms and conditions below.
We offer to our customers the facility of Gift Vouchers, These start at £5.00 and can be made up for any amount above that, they are redeemable on any woodturning courses or goods sold in our shop.
The course vouchers can only be used for tuition, times and dates of which can be mutually agreed with the voucher recipient. All vouchers will be valid for one year from the date of purchase.
Sales—Methods of payment.
Shop customers — Cash, credit/debit cards, we handle most types of cards. Cheques with guarantee card.
Mail order customers — Cheque with guarantee card, Credit/Debit card over the telephone or bank transfer once the order has been placed or fulfilled in the case of bespoke items.
Deposits — Deposit’s of £25 are required at the time of a course booking with the remainder to be paid on attendance. Desposits may also be required for large orders with the remainder of the balance to be paid at time of dispatch, or collection, by any of the payment methods above.
Carriage — We have a minimum charge of £3.50 on all mail order, or charged at cost if greater than that above.
Terms & Conditions
1. Mail order customers will be subject to a minimum order value of £10.00 before any of the delivery cost/minimum charge is applied when paying by credit or debit card. Total orders under £10.00 will only be accepted when payment is made by Bank transfer.
2. All mail orders will be handled at cost, with a minimum charge of £3.50 applied.
3. Delivery—We will dispatch all orders twice weekly. All orders taken between Monday and Wednesday will be dispatched on Thursdays. All orders taken between Thursday and Saturday will be dispatched on Mondays. Special arrangements can be made by contacting us, and we will try to accommodate them.
4. Payments—Unless otherwise arranged, all payments must be made prior to dispatch. Payments can be made by cheque made payable to Black Isle Woodturning. Guarantee card numbers must be written on the back of the cheque. Payments by credit/debit cards over the telephone must include all relevant details, card number, issue number, start and stop dates and the 3 digit security pin number on the rear of the card. We also require the property number, (where applicable) and the post code. All orders with card payments will have the credit/debit card receipt included with the goods, or sent in a separate envelope.
5. Placing an order—When placing an order where all the goods are available at the date of order, it will be handled as in 2, 3, and 4 above. Where part of an order is available and certain items would be to follow, the buyer/purchaser will be given the opportunity to receive the part order, with the remainder to follow, again this would be done at cost. When placing an order for an item or items to be made or sourced out with our normal catalogue, a 25% deposit will be required at the time of order, the balance to be paid on completion of or fulfilment of the order, but prior to dispatch or collection.
6. Guarantee—We undertake that all the goods we handle or manufacture are to a very high standard, and certainly fit for the purpose intended. We also guarantee to get your order to you in the best possible condition. Any goods found to be unsuitable or unsatisfactory to the buyer on delivery, must be notified to us in writing within 7 days of delivery or 14 days from date of dispatch, after such time, the seller will assume all goods to be satisfactory. Any goods that have been tampered with or changed or damaged by the buyer will render the guarantee void. Damage or loss in transit must be notified as soon as possible i.e. At the time of delivery or in the case of lost in transit, allow 14 days prior to notifying us the sellers. We will then make enquiries prior to a replacement being sent. The cost of any returns found to be so on receipt will be refunded along with a replacement of the item. Any items wrongly returned as faulty or damaged, will render this policy void, and any or all costs involved in it’s re-return will then be met by the buyer. Any returns coming from outside the UK, the costs and risk will be met by the purchaser.